Thursday, January 30, 2014

Go for the Gold - Welcome Event


Technically, the welcome event for my check-in date was one themed to Up! But there weren't going to be any cool characters, so I didn't go. I did, however, decide to go to the Olympics-themed event because there were going to be characters dressed up like they were from different countries! It took place at Chatham and I got there a little after it started. They were giving out little gold metals to everyone at the entrance to the field.

When I arrived, they were just starting some Disney trivia. I answered the question, "What is the first restaurant you see when you enter the Magic Kingdom?" Answer: Tony's Town Square. I won a freaking chair! How awesome!

My cat sitting in the chair I won.
 After that, I decided to get in line for the characters. I met Asian Chip and Dale and German Mickey.

The characters were in Chatham Classroom 4, which is where all my classes are!


Then I went and got my photo made in the photo booth.


Then I took some pics at the photo ops out in the field.




After that, I went and got my picture taken with the other group of characters: Italian Goofy, Spanish(?) Donald, and Statue of Liberty Minnie!




Then I got Jon a slice of pizza and a drink and left. There wasn't anything else to do other than dance to dumb music. (Although, I have to give them credit for playing Nsync and Spice Girls. Way to go, CP team!).

Free drinks! They stamp your hand when you get food.
Chatham's pool.
It was a pretty cool event. Maybe I won't have to go by myself next time. I hope they have more events with cool themed characters at some point!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post! You are so privileged to meet all these lovely and adorable characters. I love them from my childhood, especially mickey and Donald. You must have had a wonderful time with them.

    ReplyDelete