Sunday, January 26, 2014

Harry Potter Celebration at Universal - Part 2

 This morning I got up and headed to Universal to check out the Harry Potter Expo and attempt to attend some of the panels that would be happening throughout the day at Islands of Adventure. I never did make it to any panels, but the Expo was awesome!


I was an idiot and, upon arriving at the park and seeing all the cool photo ops, decided to return home just to change into my Slytherin uniform. *sigh*

It really sucked going to the event alone. I wish I knew other Harry Potter fans in the area. I did meet a lot of nice people while waiting in line. Quite a few of the Universal team members struck up a conversation with me throughout the day, complimented me on my costume, and offered to take photos for me. So that was nice! It made me really want to work at Universal. (Shh, don't tell anyone.)

Anyway, I had a blast. Here are some photos I took during the event:




This was one of the nice men that talked to me during the event! He was so nice.





Gringotts Bank vault photo-opportunity!





A set-up from the U.S. Postal Service where you could get a free souvenir photo! (Both physical and digital copies!)





Physical props from the movies:



The sorting hat ceremony! Of course, I was sorted into Slytherin and I documented the whole thing. (Suck it, Pottermore!)





The graphic designers for the Harry Potter films were there with actual props from the movies!







Costumes from Prisoner of Azkaban:




A wall presented by Scholastic where you could write was Harry Potter means to you.

Paul Harris, the wand choreographer for the films!
After seeing all there was to see at the Expo and participating in some wand combat lessons, I headed over to Islands of Adventure to ride Forbidden Journey.






I'm so excited for Diagon Alley to open this summer! Only a few more months!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a great celebration of a great movie. Harry Potter was the most hit movie of all time and each of its parts contained very useful and dramatic scenes too. Great work

    ReplyDelete