Sunday, January 5, 2014

Moving Day

Today was moving day! And what a day it was.

I got up around 2:30-ish, put my make-up on, had something to eat, did a bunch of last-minute stuff, loaded up the cat, and headed out the door at 4:00 AM. My husband and I stopped for gas before we left and were on the road to Orlando by 4:10.

Boo was not a happy camper during the first few hours of the trip. Can any of you imagine an eight hour drive with no music? Because that's what I had to do. I couldn't handle all the noise. Anyway..

We stopped around 7:00 to get some breakfast at Burger King (hashbrowns and orange juice!). I locked the doors and let Boo out of his carrier to walk around for a bit. I tried to get him to eat and drink and also showed him that his litter box was in the floor, but he just wasn't interested in any of it. I also moved his carrier to the backseat, on top of another box so he could see out more. I think he liked that a lot more than not being able to see out because he finally managed to go to sleep and remained that way for most of the rest of the trip.







We made another stop at the Florida Welcome Center to take a family photo. There were so many snowbirds there it was ridiculous. There was a line just to get a parking space! I've never seen the welcome center so crowded.





After that, we made one more quick restroom stop and made it to the apartment complex at 1:01 PM - one minute after the office opened. Perfect timing. The movers were waiting on us, so we let them in as soon as we went into the office, got our keys, and found our apartment.

The movers got our stuff in fairly quickly and headed off. I wiped over the counters and fridge and started to unpack, which has been a continuous process since them. I really love our apartment so far. Everything except the stovetop, unfortunately. It just will not heat up. It takes like half an hour to heat anything. I don't think I'll ever be able to sear anything ever again.

I've got two free days to unpack and get this place situated and then it's time for check-in!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. local sherman oaks movers

    ReplyDelete