Wednesday, December 4, 2013

We're All Ears - Part Two

Just got back from my campus' We're All Ears info session! You should make sure you're in contact with your school's campus reps when doing the program to see if they host one of these, because I highly encourage you to go! It was a lot of fun getting to meet everyone else from Auburn who is doing the program, finding out their roles and majors, and playing against them in Disney trivia Jeopardy!


When I got there, the campus reps were still setting up. But there were DCP balloons, snacks (including a Mickey-shaped cheeseball!), photos from previous programs that the reps had participated in, and they were all wearing their Disney name tags. Everyone introduced themselves to me and I was able to find out what role they had participated in. There was very little overlap! Between the reps and the Spring '14 participants, we had Concierge (me!), Lifeguard, Quick Service F&B, Attractions, Custodial, Merchandise, and Main Entrance Operations. So lots of variety there!


Once we got situated, everyone went around the room and introduced themselves (name, major, year in school, role on the program). Then we started out the evening with a game of Disney Trivia Jeopardy. There were a few tricky questions, such as "What are the names of Daisy Duck's three nieces?" (not nephews)! The answer was April, May, and June (who knew?!) I got to answer a "Name That Tune" that just so happened to be from my favorite Disney animated film, Hercules. They gave out prizes like pens, screen cleaners, and a DCP drawstring bag. We also got some sweet DCP car decals, as you can kind of see in the photo above!

After the game, the campus reps got into the main presentation and Q&A session. They talked about the Living, Learning, and Earning and encouraged questions throughout the event. I didn't really learn anything new necessarily, but it was nice to hear some of the facts in person rather than randomly over the internet. They definitely went more in-depth during this than during any regular DCP info session open to the entire school.

Overall, I thought it was a great event. It was nice to meet like-minded Disney fans who go to Auburn. I really wish I wasn't graduating this semester so I could come back and be a campus rep! What a great job! (With some seriously awesome perks!)

Here are a few more photos from tonight:








As you can see, I even received my official Disney name tag! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment