Friday, September 20, 2013

Congratulations!


FLIPPING OUT, YOU GUYS! I got Concierge! I didn't realize just how much I wanted this role until it was actually mine! I can't wait to go through training and learn all there is to know about the new MagicBands, Fastpass+, the dining reservation system, etc. I'm so, so, so excited! I think having "Concierge at the Walt Disney World Resort" on my resume is going to open so many doors and I can't wait to see where this will take me!

Here is my role description:

•  Completing check in/check out process for concierge club-level guests by inputting and retrieving information from resort computer system;
•  Proactively greeting guests, exhibiting the expected high level of Disney show quality, often times interacting with VIP’s, celebrities, and executives;
•  Creating individualized ticket packages;
•  Being comfortable in a strong sales environment;
•  Making reservations and handling any special requests from guests;
•  Handling cash and other forms of payment, including foreign currencies exchange;
•  Maintaining cleanliness of common guest living/dining areas within concierge club-level;
•  Assisting with luggage and other deliveries to guest rooms;
•  Working concierge buffet line which can include maintaining  overall cleanliness of buffet area and replenishing food, washing  dishes, serving alcohol, maintaining inventory of liquor, and partnering  with culinary team to ensure food quantity;
•  Partnering with property VIP tour guides.

I have ten days to formally accept my offer. One of the steps to acceptance is paying the $100 program fee, which covers all the special DCP events (and I think the classes, too), and a $200 housing fee, which covers the first few weeks of rent while you're waiting on your first paycheck. I've sent an e-mail regarding the housing fee, since I won't be living onsite. I also mentioned being told that I needed to have that approved first and asked what I needed to do about that.

So I'm waiting to hear back from Disney, and then I'll be accepting, paying my fees, and choosing my check-in date!

No comments:

Post a Comment