Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Ultimate Walt Disney World Favorites List - Resorts


Value Resort
Pop Century! Specifically, the 50s section, Building Two, on an upper-level. You get a great view of Hourglass Lake and it's such a lovely sight to wake up to. Plus, we're very close to the parking lot and can get up and go in the mornings.

Moderate Resort
I've only stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and I *loved* the pirate-themed rooms! However, I really think I would enjoy the Port Orleans Resort. I'd love for them to finally get those Haunted Mansion rooms built in!

Deluxe Resort
I've never actually stayed at a Deluxe Resort, but I've visited them numerous times. I'm going to have to go with a three-way tie here: Polynesian, Boardwalk, and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Table Service Restaurant
Oh, man.. There are a good many I haven't tried and would really like to. But, from restaurants I've been to, I'd have to say that Boma and 'Ohana are my favorites. Boma is good any time. I haven't been back to 'Ohana since Chef TJ stopped working there. (I'll probably make an entire post about him eventually.) But all you can eat food with lots of vegan options?! Sign me up!

Quick Service Restaurant
I love The Mara at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Their falafel is awesome. I also really love the Pop Century food court. I've been able to get vegan milkshakes, vegan cheese pizza, sitr-fried noodles and veggies, vegetable soup, and plenty of vegan snacks.. Plus it just has such a lively atmosphere and it's a great place to relax midday or late at night.

Snack
I *love* the hummus at Pop Century. I do have to bring my own pretzels to enjoy it with, though.

Dessert
Vegan banana split at Beaches and Cream. I just about died the first time I had it. Vanilla Tofutti ice cream, halved banana, sliced almonds, Hershey's syrup, and maraschino cherries. IT'S SO WONDERFUL.

Entertainment Offering
I really like watching the Boardwalk entertainment - the jugglers, mimes, magicians.. It's just such a nice way to spend an evening! 

Themed Pool Area
I've never actually been able to utilize them, but I love Stormalong Bay at the Yacht and Beach Club, as well as the Volcano Pool at the Polynesian and the main pool at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Relaxation Spot
The beach of the Polynesian at night. I could sit there for hours, and possibly go to sleep.

Building/Architecture
I love the Polynesian Resort's architecture, inside and out. The openness, the waterfalls, and all the tropical plant life really makes it feel like you're in Hawaii. I also love the Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby and the overall look and feel of the Boardwalk Resort.

Fountain/Statue/Eye-Grabber
I'm going to have to say the giant decade numbers outside of Pop Century. Pulling up and seeing them just makes me feel like I'm home.

Smell
Probably the areas around the waterfalls at the Polynesian.

Sound
This may sound weird, but that really quiet -swoosh- sound as the monorail passes by in the resorts. Also, the monorail  resort spiel.

No comments:

Post a Comment