Friday, August 16, 2013

The Ultimate Walt Disney World Favorites List - Walt Disney World Resort


Theme Park
I honestly don't have one - or, at least, one doesn't stick out to me. There are things I love about each and every one of them. If I absolutely had to pick, I would have to say Magic Kingdom simply due to the fact that more of my favorite attractions are there than at any other park.

Water Park
Typhoon Lagoon. I love the concept of Blizzard Beach, but Typhoon Lagoon just has such a wonderfully colorful and tropical atmosphere.

Blizzard Beach Attraction
Teamboat Springs! Don't get me wrong - the view from Summit Plummet is amazing. But that slide hurts! I also really like the chairlift.

Typhoon Lagoon Attraction
Tie. (There's going to be a lot of those.) Crush 'n' Gusher, Shark Reef, and Wave Pool. We normally end up doing Crush 'n' Gusher a good five or six times as soon as the park opens, then head over to the Shark Reef to beat the lines (they move very slowly there). The Wave Pool honestly terrifies me because of the intensity, but I still love it!

Mini Golf Course
Well, I really like Fantastia Gardens due to the Chernabog cave, and it does seem to be a bit more maintained. But I would have to say Winter Summerland due to the high level of theming. I've only done the Winter course, but It was so much fun!

Disney Quest Attraction
Honestly, this place kind of sucks. I wish they would redo the entire building or bring in a new concept. The main reason I wanted to go was so I could ride on the same virtual roller coaster that Nsync did on their Disney Channel In Concert special back in the 90s. But I guess I kind of enjoyed Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters and Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold. I also really liked the elevator and the Cave of Wonders entrance (although they're not really attractions).

Downtown Disney Store
Tie! World of Disney and Art of Disney. I love the World of Disney because we usually shop there on our last day of vacation before we head home, and I can find many of the souvenirs I meant to get in the parks but forgot. I also really love the individual room theming and the window displays. I always make a stop in the Art of Disney to use the Print on Demand service. I haven't gone on a trip the past few years without picking up a new Disney Park attraction poster (or two, or three). 

Downtown Disney Restaurant
I.. don't really have one. We rarely eat at Downtown Disney and I haven't particularly enjoyed it any time we have. I guess now is a good time to mention that I'm vegan and that my choices here are fairly limited.

Downtown Disney Snack
Babycakes chocolate-glazed and coconut doughnuts! Not a fan of their cupcakes at all, but the doughnuts.. Dang!

Transportation Method
Buses. Is that weird? I find them to be very convenient, other than at park closing. However, since we normally drive down, I do like driving to all of the parks except for the Magic Kingdom. We're getting free parking anyway while staying on property and it cuts out a lot of time in the early mornings.

Parade
Mickey's Boo To You Parade, I suppose. I'm not too big on parades, but Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa are in it. Plus the grave diggers are babes. So I guess that makes my decision. I also like the Main Street Electrical Parade because of its music and history.

Fireworks
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth! Is there anything more awe-inspiring that the lights going out in World Showcase, and the lit torches all around the lagoon, and the lights, and the music?! Oh, the music! I cry every time I see the show. The whole coming together as one thing just get me right here.. *places hand on heart*.

Seasonal Festival
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I mean.. The Headless Horseman (!!!). Although, I'm pretty pumped that the Food and Wine Festival is offering vegan booths these days.

Month to Visit
As much as I love Halloween time in the parks.. the weather, crowds, and humidity just aren't my things. Early May has become my favorite time to visit. The weather tends to be fairly mild (but nice), the crowds aren't there, Epcot looks beautiful with the Flower and Garden Festival going on, and it's just an overall great time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment