Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cast Connection and Property Control

Like I said in my previous post, I decided to head across the parking lot after finishing up at Disney University to visit the cast member-only stores, called Property Control and Cast Connection!

These are the only pictures I feel comfortable sharing, since you can see all this from a public road:


Cast Connection is the building further off and Property Control is the one closer.




Cast Connection has items that are damaged (or very slightly damaged, in many cases) and sells them all for 75% off the regular price or less. Property Control has a lot of items similar to what you would see in any of the Orlando area Disney outlet stores, but it also has things those stores don't! For instance, they have a section of property-used mugs, glasses, plates, silverware, hotel furniture, used arcade games, large banners and signs, electronic equipment, and cast member costumes that have been discontinued. Property Control also stocks a small assortment of groceries, including fresh produce!

The items in both of these stores (but especially Cast Connection) are constantly changing, so you'll rarely see the same things in there twice. If you want it, you need to get it. Cast Connection has things like $0.50 mouse ears, $0.25 African musical instruments from Animal Kingdom, $0.10 antennae toppers, etc.. Some of the prices are wild.

Here's what I hauled away with:

Dress from Polynesian. Retails for $40.
Shirt from Polynesian. Retails for $25.
Discontinued short sleeve Fantasyland cast member shirt. Bought two at $1 each!
Discontinued long sleeve Fantasyland cast member shirt. Bought for $1!

Lanyard for my Disney I.D.'s. Retails for $10.
R2D2 mouse ears, missing a button. Retails for $15.
So, $90 worth of stuff for $13 from Cast Connection, then $3 for three old Disney costume pieces from Property Control! NOT BAD! I can't wait to check these stores out regularly to see what they have! I'll definitely have to start controlling myself better!

Here's me in my new Fantasyland garb!

No comments:

Post a Comment